Data Orchestration & Security for a Top 100 American University
- Date: Dec 14, 2023
- Read time: 2 minutes
Superna Provides Data Orchestration & Security for a Top 100 American University
Using their on-premise storage platform, this university found the manual processes of managing their data becoming too cumbersome and needed a solution that could help streamline and automate several key processes.
Concurrently, they were also receiving additional requirements from their security office to provide audit capabilities on their files – a critical capability they were lacking at the time.
- Using Superna as a platform to amalgamate a number of their data management processes into a singular solution, and the ability to automate processes that would otherwise eat into their team’s time and resources, this customer has seen an increase in productivity for their IT department.
- The team at this university also takes advantage of many of the security and access management features of Superna that allow them to monitor, detect, control, and audit access to business critical data.
“I absolutely would recommend Superna to anybody… For us, we wouldn’t have [on-premise storage platform] if we couldn’t have the Superna overlay and the help tools that we have. I would absolutely recommend it to anybody and if I was to do it all over again I’d do the exact same thing.”— Information Technology Manager
- Simplification. “[Superna] is our tool for the simplification and management of [our storage platform]. Instead of having to manage policies, replications, failover [across separate file-servers] it’s in one location – it’s an easier way to do it.“
- Ransomware Detection. “[Superna’s ransomware detection capabilities] are something that we constantly use. 2-3 times a week we’re researching things, we’re seeing things that we wouldn’t have seen before.”
- Time Savings. “Simply, we just save time. The amount of time that it would take to do these things [without Superna] takes time. From a disaster recovery, failover, unlocking files, threat detection, auditing, all of those things would take so much more time.”
Want to learn more?
Want to hear firsthand how Superna’s data-first approach can help defend your file and object data from external – and even internal – threats? Click here to speak with a data protection expert.