Trust & Transparency at Superna
Superna may collect your PII when you:
- submit questions or comments to Superna;
- utilize the live Superna chat box on the Site;
- request information or materials from Superna;
- participate in surveys from or provide Feedback to Superna;
- request a demo of any Offering;
- purchase an Offering from Superna, or any Superna reseller;
- register for an Offering;
- inquire about or apply for a position at Superna
- request or use Technical Support or Professional Services; or
- you submit any such information to Superna.
The types of PII collected may include (but are not limited to):
- your first and last name;
- your business physical address (including street name, city/town, state/province, country, postal code);
- your e-mail address;
- your telephone number; and
- any other identifier that permits Superna to make physical or online contact with you.
The types of Non-PII collected may include (but are not limited to):
- IP address
- Device identifiers
- Web browser information
- Page view statistics
- Browsing history
- Usage information and click tracking
- Cookies and other tracking technologies (see below for more information)
- Usage Data and Product Data, as defined in the applicable Superna HYPERLINK “https://manuals.supernaeyeglass.com/project-eula-and-support-agreement/HTML/superna-eyeglass-eula-and-support-services-agreement.html” Agreement
How Superna Uses Your Information: Superna collects and uses your information, including your PII, to operate and improve the Sites, and deliver and improve the Offerings, or carry out the transactions you have requested. These uses may include providing you with more effective customer service; making the Sites or Offerings easier to use by eliminating the need for you to repeatedly enter the same information; performing research and analysis aimed at improving our Offerings, and technologies; and displaying content and advertising that are customized to your interests and preferences.
We also use your personal information to communicate with you. We may send certain communications such as welcome letters, information updates, billing information, information on technical service issues, and security announcements. We may also contact you to inform you of Offerings available from Superna and its affiliates.
Sharing of Your Personal Information: Superna will not sell, rent, or lease your information, including your PII, to others. Superna shares personal information with companies working on our behalf. Superna also utilizes third parties to collect information on our behalf, any information you share with these third parties is subject to their privacy policies. A list of third parties used by Superna includes (but is not limited to): Zendesk, HubSpot, Salesforce, Gravity Forms, Google, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics and Ads, and LinkedIn Ads. Superna also may share your PII with certain third parties in connection with providing the Offerings, including those certain subprocessors (a list of which is available upon request from Superna). Except as described in this statement, we will not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own marketing purposes unless you have provided consent.
If you request something from the Sites (for example, a scheduled demo, a callback, or specific marketing materials), we will use the information you provide to fulfill your request or inquiry. To help us do this, we may share information with others, such as Superna’s business partners, resellers or distributors, financial institutions, shipping companies, and postal or government authorities involved in fulfillment. As part of a transaction, we may also contact you as part of our customer satisfaction surveys or for market research purposes.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, such as handling the processing and delivery of mailings, providing customer support, hosting websites, processing transactions, tracking website engagement metrics, or performing statistical analysis of our Offerings. Such companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. They are required to maintain the confidentiality of the information and are prohibited from using it for any other purpose.
We may access or disclose your information, including your PII, if we believe such action is necessary to: (a) comply with the law or legal process served on the Sites or Superna; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of the Sites or Superna (including the enforcement of our agreements); or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Superna’s Sites or Offerings or members of the public.
Your Choices: Superna provides a number of ways for you to “opt-out” of receiving certain information from us or having us provide your personal information to our partners. We may offer you these choices at the time you give us your personal information.
If you do not wish to continue receiving certain marketing materials (e.g., e-mail messages), you can opt out of receiving these materials by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the materials. This option does not apply to communications primarily for the purpose of administering orders, contracts, support, service updates, or other administrative and transactional notices.
How to Update Your Information: To update your Account Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safeguarding Your Personal Information: In order to protect your information, including your PII, from improper disclosure, Superna uses commercially reasonable efforts to maintain a secure operating environment to protect any information we collect. We use the most accurate and current information you provide in order to process your request. Once received, we limit access to your information to only those personnel with a legitimate business need to review them. Browsers offer varying degrees of security, particularly in regard to encryption. Even the same version of a browser can come with different levels of encryption. All acceptable browsers do provide detailed information on security levels in “Properties” or “Document Information” from the browser’s menu bar. See your browser’s “Help” tab or documentation for more information. Finally, we take care to dispose of your information properly so that third parties will not be able to access it. This includes destroying, erasing, or making unreadable the information. While we are committed to protecting your privacy, please be aware that no transaction over the Internet can be completely secure.
With or without cookies, our websites keep track of usage data, such as the source address from which a page request originates (i.e., your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any), and other parameters in the URL (e.g., search criteria). We use this data to better understand website usage in the aggregate so that we know what areas of our Sites users prefer (e.g., based on the number of visits to those areas). This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting. It is not attributed to you as an individual.
Links to Other Sites: The Sites may provide links to third-party websites, such as those of our business partners, payment processors, and online advertisers. You should review their privacy policies to learn more about what, why, and how they collect and use personally identifiable information.
Questions or Concerns: If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us at email@example.com. The mailing address for Superna USA, Inc. is 225 Cedar Hill St., STE. 200, Marlborough, MA 01752.
NOTICE TO CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18 AND THEIR PARENTS OR LEGAL GUARDIANS: THE SITES ARE INTENDED FOR ADULTS. WE DO NOT KNOWINGLY OR INTENTIONALLY COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18. IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, PLEASE DO NOT PROVIDE ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO SUPERNA. IF YOU KNOW OF ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 WHO HAS PROVIDED US WITH INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US IMMEDIATELY AND WE WILL REMOVE THE INFORMATION.
SPECIFIC PROVISIONS FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Notice of Collection
In the past 12 months, we or our service providers have collected the following categories of information enumerated in the CCPA in connection with the Sites and the Offerings:
- First and last name, billing, or other physical address (including street name, city/town, state/province, postal code, and country of origin), e-mail address, and telephone number, to the extent you are interacting with our Sites or ordering or using the Offerings;
- Information about Site and Offering usage;
- Any other identifier that permits Superna to make physical or online contact with you;
- Internet activity, including history of visiting and interacting with our Sites, browser type, browser language and other information collected automatically by the Sites or Offerings; and
- Any other information you have chosen to provide to us through the Sites or the Offerings.
For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review the sections above titled “Superna may collect your Personal Information when,” “The types of Personal Information collected may include (but are not limited to)” and “Cookies and Browser Information.” We collect and use these categories of Personal Information for the business purposes described in the “How does Superna use your information” section, including to provide, manage and improve our Sites. Superna does not generally sell information as the term “sell” is traditionally understood. However, to the extent “sale” under the CCPA would be interpreted to include any of the activities described in the “Sharing of Your Personal Information” section, we will comply with applicable law as to such activity.
Right to Know and Delete
If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete Personal Information we have collected about you and you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. In particular, you have the right to request the following:
- Categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
- Categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected;
- Categories of Personal Information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- Categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- Business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information; and
- Specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you.
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within ten (10) days. We may require specific information from you to help us verify your identity and process your request. Please note that, in many instances, Superna does not collect types of Personal Information that enable us to identify you. As such, if we do not have information that permits us to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete. A request for access can be made by you only twice within a twelve (12) month period.
Right to Opt Out
Under the CCPA, you have the right to opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third parties at any time. Superna does not “sell” your Personal Information as it is currently defined under the CCPA. You may contact us by emailing us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
You can designate an authorized agent to submit requests on your behalf. However, we will require written proof of the agent’s permission to do so and verify your identity directly.
Right to Non-Discrimination
You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of any of your rights.
California Do-Not-Track Notice
We may collect information about your online activity while using our Sites and after you leave our Properties. Superna does not support Do Not Track signals, and therefore we do not respond to such signals.
NOTICE TO INTERNATIONAL RESIDENTS: The Sites are primarily operated and managed on servers located and operated within the United States. In order to receive information about Superna or participate in the Offerings of Superna, you may be sending your PII outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to the United States. Accordingly, if you reside or are located outside of the United States, your PII may be transferred outside of the country where you reside or are located, including to countries that may not or do not provide the same level of protection for your PII. We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of PII when it is transferred.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR USERS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND UNITED KINGDOM:
Superna is headquartered in the Canada and has operations and service providers in Canada, the United States and throughout the world. As such, we and our service providers may transfer your Personal Information to, or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide levels of data protection equivalent to those in your country of residence. By using our Offerings, or otherwise interacting with us, regardless of where you live or where you provide information to us, you consent to our use and our service providers’ use of your Personal Information worldwide and to the transfer of your Personal Information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States. In certain circumstances, courts, regulatory agencies, law enforcement agencies, or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
Superna is aware of the July 16, 2020 ruling by the European Court of Justice invalidating the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. Accordingly, Superna will take adequate measures designed to protect the transfer of Personal Information of individuals in the European Economic Area (EU Member States, Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway) (“EEA”), such as relying on the European Commission-approved Standard Contractual Clauses (“SCCs”) as a legal mechanism for such transfer, or other adequate transfer mechanism as required under relevant data protection laws, as well as additional safeguards, where appropriate. A copy of these clauses may be obtained by contacting us at the email address listed below.
If you are located in the EEA, the UK, or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under applicable law regarding the processing of your Personal Information, as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your Personal Information, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., providing the products or services you requested).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your Personal Information to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain, and improve our Offerings, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- To comply with our legal obligations (e.g., to maintain a record of your consent and track those who have opted out of non-administrative communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g. when you opt-in to receive non-administrative communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing of your Personal Information, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store Personal Information associated with your account for as long as your account remains active. In some cases, we retain Personal Information for longer if doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. We store other data for as long as necessary to carry out the purposes for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
For users in the European Union, according to the GDPR, you have the following statutory rights:
- Access. You have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, all necessary information to make the process transparent. You also have the right to obtain a copy of your Personal Information being processed.
- Rectification. You have the right to require rectification of inaccurate data about you.
- Erasure. You have the right to ask for the deletion of your data in certain circumstances.
- Restrict processing. You have the right to restrict processing of data under certain specified circumstances.
- Data portability. You have the right to request for the receipt or the transfer to another organization, in a machine-readable form, of your Personal Information.
- Object to processing. You have the right to ask us to stop using all or some of your Personal Information under certain specified circumstances.
- Right to withdraw consent. When you have given your explicit consent for the processing of your data, you can withdraw it at any time without justification. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If you would like to exercise your rights, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority or to the Data Protection Authority where the alleged infringement took place.
Ready to transform your unstructured data?
Continuous synchronization, backup and archival of critical data.